Day Nursery & Preschool
at Thorney Leys
All children are cared for in separate groups according to their age and stage corresponding to the Early Years Foundation Stage Framework.
BUTTERCUP & DAISY ROOM
3 MONTHS TO 2 YEARS
- For babies, the need to explore becomes apparent as they begin to crawl, stand and walk. As communication and language begins to develop, we offer various resources to stimulate their senses and encourage exploration. We focus on experiences that encourage movement and play games that inspire communication through babbling and laughter.
- Our teams are specially trained to care for babies and toddlers and we will work closely with you to make sure that your child’s regular routines and sleep patterns are followed throughout the day.
2 TO 3 YEARS
- Active learning and the desire to be involved in new experiences is what we foster and encourage amongst our children. We motivate them to try new things and to enjoy different experiences which helps and supports them to feel a sense of achievement as well as the skill to keep on trying
- Our children have free access to many activities during the day. Children are encouraged to progress and become more confident and independent through their play. Play is more purposeful and children are encouraged to develop other skills through the wide range of indoor and outdoor play equipment we have on offer.
POPPY ROOM (PRE-SCHOOL)
3 TO 5 YEARS
- We encourage a mixture of child-led and adult-led activities which are a result of spontaneous reactions between adults and the children. To prepare the children for the move to school they are encouraged and supported to develop independence in self-care, self-confidence and social and communication skills.
- Children in Poppy Room also have free-flow access to the attached, secure, garden at all times. The garden is ideal for all sorts of activities, from painting and messy play to planting seeds in the growing garden and building obstacle courses.
- Our intention in Poppy Room is for our children to be confident youngsters prepared and ready for when their time comes to go to their next stage of learning at school.
at West Witney Primary School
Our aim at West Witney Afterschool Club is to provide a safe and inclusive environment where children can relax after a busy day at school, cared for by a team of experienced staff. We will offer a friendly service and loads of fun activities for your child based around their interest. Children who stay for our longer sessions will be provided with a healthy snack.
at Madley Brook Primary School
Our aim at Madley Brook Afterschool Club is to provide a safe and inclusive environment where children can relax after a busy day at school, cared for by a team of experienced staff. We will offer a friendly service and loads of fun activities for your child based around their interest. Children who stay for our longer sessions will be provided with a healthy snack.
This groups runs twice a month and is open to all local families.